Partners For Civic Pride is a nonprofit group of citizens dedicated to uniting Philadelphians by pursuing, promoting, and celebrating the four founding principles and city motto as depicted on our Philadelphia Civic Flag at every opportunity. PFCP believes that the constant use and display of the Philly FLAG will help to foster pride in Philadelphia. The four founding principles are: Peace, Hope, Justice and Prosperity. The city motto is: PHILADELPHIA MANETO, which means "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE".
- CHEERS to our new "Philly Flag Mayor" the Honorable James Francis "Jim" Kenney!
- THANK YOU INAUGURAL COMMITTEE & KENNEY TEAM for including 400 Philadelphia Civic Flags in the INAUGURAL PROCESSION!
- THANK YOU BEN FRANKLIN HIGH JROTC NAVY CADETS for helping to dispense the 400 Philly Flags for the Procession to City Hall!
- BIG THANK YOU TO ARAMARK FOR FUNDING THE 400 INAUGURAL "KEEPSAKE" PHILLY FLAGS FOR THE PROCESSION!!!
- 2016 IS SURE TO BE A FLAG-NOMIAL YEAR!!!
I see an opportunity for a citywide “Philly FLAG Campaign” to promote civic pride via the Philadelphia Civic Flag with its meaningful motto and powerful symbols. This new “civic experiment ” may foster the spirit of the original Holy Experiment of William Penn, who named his new, green country town, Brotherly Love, believing that a city founded with Love will be a good and just place to live.